Emacs lilypond mode on XP

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: Emacs lilypond mode on XP
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:55:00 -0500

Hi -

I'm running LilyPond 2.11.23 under WinXP SP2.

I've been using ConTEXT for editing, but I'm starting to get familiar
with Emacs (22.1.1, i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) from using it to work on the
GDP. I'm not a programmer, but not a complete tyro, either. Can anyone
please explain to me how I can get LilyPond highlighting (i.e., I think,
get Emacs to run in LilyPond-mode)? Also, is there any sort of manual or
help for LilyPond mode on Emacs?

Thank you for your time and help,

Ralph
Ralph Palmer, CEM