Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:46:27 -0500

Hey there!

Questions: Is there a better, easier, more logical, more consistent solution with better layout? Have I missed a staff-group command for nestled groups (but using the system start delimiters of my choice)?

I'm assuming you know about InnerStaffGroup?
Certainly that's what I would be using (from what I understand of your needs).

You can tweak anything that you don't want to have on such groups (such as connected bar lines, system start delimiters, etc.) to the point where they no longer *LOOKED* like groups -- which I am inferring you see as the principal disadvantage -- and yet *PERFORMED* like groups (e.g., had a centred group name).

If you need more information, just ask.
If you've already considered (and rejected) ISGs, then I'm sorry for this spurious response.

Best wishes,
Kieren.