Re: Align of Staff.instrumentName

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Align of Staff.instrumentName
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:56:45 +0200

Hi,

this is what I thought also, but yes, you will probably have to count it for each score again (and also when scaling the notes?).

Copied also to user.

Greetings
Till

Stefan Slapeta schrieb:
Two first approaches (\context {\Staff ... } ):

     \override InstrumentName #'self-alignment-Y = #0.31

and

     \override InstrumentName #'Y-offset = #-1.9

- both not very smart (because hard coded)

Stefan

Till Rettig wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to have an incipit as part of the instrument name for each staff. The example explains how it should look. This goes to far well if there are no lyrics, the systems get aligned. But if I add lyrics as in the example, there is obviously added so much additional vertical space, that the new system gets too wide. It is vertically centered, and that way the staff is too high. Is there a way to say that the instrumentName should be aligned at top?

Greetings
Till