RE: OSX version ???

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: OSX version ???
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:02:50 -0000

Daniel

Welcome to LilyPond!

What you describe is quite correct behaviour.  LilyPond is
unlike many applications and does not have pull-down menus.
Instead you must prepare and save a text file written in
LilyPond input format, and then drop this on the LilyPond
icon to convert this to a printed music file.

The essential first step is to locate the manual which was
installed with it and read the tutorial there.  This
describes how to write input files.  If you can't find the
manual, look at the LilyPond documentation on the website
where you found the download.

Trevor D