Re: Which engraver creates \fermataMarkup

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Which engraver creates \fermataMarkup
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:52:12 +0100

Am Montag, 14. Januar 2008 schrieben Sie:
> See section "Multi measure rests" in the manual.

Thanks, but that's the first place that I looked. It only says that the
fermata markup is a MultiMeasureRestText. The internal reference then says
that these objects are created by Multi_measure_rest_engraver, which I
couldn't really believe, since from my experience, lilypond uses all
different kinds of engravers for each small detail. So I found it very odd
that one and the same engraver would create the MultiMeasureRest, the
MultiMeasureRestNumber and the MultiMeasureRestText (which as a consequence
makes it impossible to remove the fermata markup from a multi-measure rest
without resorting to a music-filter as suggested by Gilles).

Cheers,
Reiunhold