Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines

From: Jamie Bullock
Subject: Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:14:16 +0000

Hi all,

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 11:46 -0600, Trevor Bača wrote:

> Would anyone else ever find this sort of thing useful? Or am I
> uniquely obsessed with outlining the full durations of individual
> notes in this way?

I would also find this useful. It would be great for a 'box notation'
style of composing too, where for example you specify the dynamics, but
leave the choice of notes to the performer.

I also think it just makes for more elegant looking lilypond code to
have \<1 rather than s4\< s4 s4 s4\!.

BTW, I look forward to the hearing the results of your tests on
'to-barline etc. I wasn't aware of these until now. Very useful!

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk