\partial at the end of a piece and accidentals

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: \partial at the end of a piece and accidentals
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:58:27 +0200

Dear All,

I know it is not recommended to use \partial anywhere but at the
beginning of a piece. There are situations, though, when a piece ends
with an incomplete measure, perhaps to begin an another verse with an
upbeat. How should this be done properly? I've been using \partial for
that, too.

However, I stumbled across a weird accidental behaviour if I use
\partial. If there's an accidental in the second last measure that
isn't returned to a natural pitch before the bar line and the natural
voice is used in the last measure the pitch has a natural sign. It's
hard to explain – please, see the example. If the last measure is a
full one there's no natural sign. Do you think if it is the same issue
as in: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2006-07/msg00062.html

I had to call \once \override Staff.Accidental #'stencil = ##f to make
the accidental disappear. Is there another way?

-Risto

\version "2.11.37"

\paper { ragged-right = ##t }

\relative c'