Choral lyrics assistance, please.

From: NJW
Subject: Choral lyrics assistance, please.
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:14:26 -0800 (PST)

This problem has occupied me for about three weeks! I have progressed quite
easily from single-staff through four-part choral music with lyrics, but
they have all been quite straightforward.

This piece has a solo verse, followed by four-part refrain, with differences
in lyrics and rhythms in all four parts.  I can get the music to compile
properly, but I'm having no success with adding the lyrics.

The following code is representative of what I've got so far.  I have
included comments at the positions of potential lyric context code, showing
the errors.  The dummy '\context Lyric' line was to try and help Lilypond
find the 'verse' Voice (from the way NoteEdit arranged LP code, right or
wrong) but it didn't make any difference.

If the solution is obvious, I apologise in advance!

(I hope Nabble doesn't reformat everything -- is there a <code> tag?)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.11.37"

versenotes = \relative c'' {
        \clef "treble"
        \key g \major
        \time 3/4 g g g b b b
}
refrainnotesA = \relative c'' {
        \time 2/4
        c c g g \bar "|."
}
refrainnotesB = \relative c {
        \clef "bass"
        \key g \major
        c e d d
}
versewords = \lyricmode {
        One two three four five six
}
refrainwordsA = \lyricmode {
        la la la la
}
refrainwordsB = \lyricmode {
        dum dum dum dum
}

\score {
        \new ChoirStaff {
        \new Staff \context Voice = verse \versenotes \break

% Dummy Lyrics context :
%       \context Lyrics = v \lyricsto verse { }
% Following line causes 'Moment is not increasing' error :
%       \context Lyrics = verse \lyricsto verse \versewords
        <<
                \refrainnotesA
                \new Staff = refrainB \context Voice = refrainB {
\refrainnotesB }

% Following line causes 'cannot find Voice 'verse' :
%       \context Lyrics = v \lyricsto verse \versewords

--
Nick.