parenthesized dynamics, that behave like dynamics

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: parenthesized dynamics, that behave like dynamics
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 00:21:22 +0100

In the documentation there is a tip how to create parenthesized dynamics:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/New-dynamic-marks#New-dynamic-marks

This seems to work fine, except for one very important issue: \dynamicUp or
\dynamicDown does not work on them! See e.g. the attached sample file.

For vocal voices, the dynamics are typically written above the staff, while
for instrumental voices, they are below the staff. Now, I have a piece with
some colla parte instruments (e.g. Violin 1 plays exactly the same as
Soprano), so I have the V1 / S music only once and use the same variable in
both the violin score and the vocal score, adjusting the dynamics by
\dynamicUp or \dynamicDown. For this reason, I really need parenthesized
dynamics, that behave like dynamics and not like markup!

Thanks already in advance!

Cheers,
Reinhold