Re: Why Is This Merge Behavior Different?

From: Ted Stanion
Subject: Re: Why Is This Merge Behavior Different?
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:20:31 -0800

Please note that I understand that it is LilyPond's intended behavior
to never merge a quarter note and a half note regardless of how
properties are set. I also understand why this should be the default
behavior. I guess I don't understand why setting
'merge-differently-headed should not override the default behavior for
quarter notes as well as flagged notes. I've attached a snippet of
some old sheet music which does merge a quarter note and a half note.
While in some contexts it might be ambiguous, in this case, it is not.

BTW, I have figured out how to fake the behavior that I want.

Ted