Re: musicxml2ly problems

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly problems
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 23:38:58 +0000 (UTC)

> File "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/ musicxml2ly", line
> 1789, in print_ly_additional_definitions
>  for a in set(needed_additional_definitions):
>  NameError: global name 'set' is not defined

Hmm, that's weird. Which version of Python do you have installed?

The "set" data type is new in Python 2.3, and is needed in musicxml2ly to
prevent duplicate definitions (i.e. I store all needed additional definitions
in a list. However, some of them might be needed more than once throughout the
piece, so some definitions are duplicate). By converting the list to a set,
Python automatically gets rid of any duplicates, and no duplicate definitions
should be written to the .ly file...

Cheers,
Reinhold