RE: Rhythm mark snippet in LSR not 2.11. compatible?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: RE: Rhythm mark snippet in LSR not 2.11. compatible?
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:41:16 -0000

Hi Risto

Two changes seem to be required to make this snippet work in
2.11.  This may not be the optimum solution, though.

a) The vertical alignment of the inserted score blocks seems
different in the two releases.  In 2.11 their vertical
extend is used to centre them vertically.  This did not seem
to happen in 2.10, although I can't test this.  This can be
fixed in 2.11 by the trick Mats recently suggested - reduce
their Y-extent to zero.  So in each of the \Staff \with
blocks add

  \override VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent = #'(0 . 0)  % td

b) The horizontal alignment of the rehearsal mark in 2.11 is
by default on the bar line, or if no bar line is visible, on
the clef.  In 2.10 it was just aligned to the bar line.
Aligning it to the clef causes it to be raised to avoid the
collision.  However, simply restoring this behaviour in 2.11
does not help much.  The very first rehearsal mark can be
instead aligned to the time signature with

\override Score.RehearsalMark
      #'break-align-symbols = #'(staff-bar time-signature)
% td

which fixes its vertical alignment by permitting it to drop
down, but doesn't help with the ones at the start of
subsequent lines as there is no time signature to align them
to.  So instead, I think we need to fall back on changing
individual X-offsets to move these:

\once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'X-offset = #5  % td

I attach an amended snippet which seems to work in 2.11.34.

Trevor D

ps As you remarked in a later note, setting 'padding does
not have any effect, AFAICS.