partcombine problem

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: partcombine problem
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:43:11 +1100

Hi,
        I want to use partcombine to merge in the tune for a song with
its piano accompaniment.  But it's not working the way I expect.

Here's a snippet:

---
\version "2.11.41"
\score{
        \context Staff
            \partcombine
                \context Voice=tune \relative c' {s4. s8 b8. d16 }
                \context Voice=accomp \relative c'{ s4.   a8 <b g>8. d16 }
}
---

I see the warning message, `too many clashing notecolumns', and the
augmentation dot on the b is repeated --- as if the \partcombine did
nothing.  In other places in the music (not in this snippet), the
beams are repeated, so a beam of quavers look like semiquavers.

I want the tune in a separate named voice so I can use \lyricsto.
I could put it on a separate stave, but that would make the music
spread over two pages.

Any ideas?

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au