Re: How to tweak glissandos with a scheme function?

From: Papa Eric
Subject: Re: How to tweak glissandos with a scheme function?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:00:01 +0100

Thanks, it works nicely. And it was in the reference after all, but not so clearly:

under spanner-interface:

minimum-length (dimension, in staff space)
Try to make a spanner at least this long, normally in the horizontal direction. This requires an appropriate callback for the springs-and-rods property. If added to a Tie, this sets the minimum distance between noteheads.

I suggest documenting the "appropriate callback" as being #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods, else I doubt I could have guessed even if I had found the entry! (BTW, why is length control not enabled by default?)

I have looked at version 11 documentation since, it is really much better for a newbie! Thanks to all for it and the quick answers in this list!

Eric

Neil Puttock a écrit :

\version "2.11.42"
\paper { ragged-right = ##t }
{
  % default, glissando is invisible
  a8\glissando b a b
  % set spacing rods so we can override the minimum length
  \override Glissando #'springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
  \override Glissando #'minimum-length = #5
  a\glissando b
  \override Glissando #'minimum-length = #8
  a\glissando b