Re: Shortcut for epeated chords?

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Shortcut for epeated chords?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:33:25 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:
> No; we understand it quite well.

>From what I could see, Mats' example did not implement what was requested.

> Adding something like this to the basic syntax could be quite
> problematic.  We already get enough complaints about changing the
> syntax, so we certainly shouldn't rush to add a new construction
> like this.

Fair enough.  I _do_ understand that.  I would also note that it's only
a relevant consideration if you want Lilypond's syntax to be focused on
being human-*writeable*, rather than human-readable.

> I suggest that you try writing a scheme function that meets your
> needs; once it's done, submit it to LSR and share it with other
> people.  In a few months or years, if it's a widely, we may add it
> to the official lilypond packages.

I don't have any knowledge/experience with Scheme right now, but do plan
to change that; if at that point I can implement this idea, I'll give it
a go.