Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 14:44:05 -0700

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 21:54:44 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote
> > "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> We need a good (unique) heading.  How about
> >>
> >> 2.3.1.1 References for bowed strings
> >
> > Let's do that; it's the shortest one.  The other NR 2 sections
> > will need similar headings.
>
> I've added these headings.  In some cases it seemed more
> appropriate to add the Refs heading at the subsection level,
> others at the subsubsection level.  See Draft 6.

I would rather have them all at the subsubsection level; it's
suprisingly easy to miss one or two subsections is everything else
is at the subsubsection level.

The reason that I keep on mentioning this is that people --
including me -- /have/ missed these in the past.  If absolutely
everything is at the subsublevel, then it avoids a potential problem of
people who skim through docs quickly.

IMO, these References are "common notation" anyway, so they would
make sense in those subsections.

Cheers,
- Graham