Re: cannot find lilypond icon on my desktop after installation (window x

From: Tim Litwiller
Subject: Re: cannot find lilypond icon on my desktop after installation (window xp)
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 09:39:43 -0500

Are you thinking that lilypond is a program you open and interactively work with?

If that is what you want you will want to download from here.
http://valentin.villenave.info/spip.php?article44
It will give you an editor with an output viewer and a music player linked to lilypond that all work together on windows very well.

Lilypond by it's self is a command line program that processes an input file and outputs a "engraving". With lilypondtool that is a pdf, other options let it also output midi files and image files.

ming tsang wrote:
I download and installed lilypond_3.10.33-1.mingw.exe

I did not see lilypond icon.
I tried to execute c:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-windows.exe, but
no lilypond screen displayed.  Is this the right program to execute?