Re: constructing a jazz piece

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: constructing a jazz piece
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 16:52:24 +0000

Stan Mulder wrote:
In constructing a small combo piece, I'm not sure how to modularize individual
parts.
For example, notes are specific to a certain instrument whereas a segno
or coda is common to all parts.
I'm confused as to where these things get inserted.

For example, Do I put the coda symbol in each of the trumpet, trombone and
clarinet parts or do I do keep each individual part as simple as possible and
add the coda instructions at a higher level?
And then when each individual part is printed out the codas and segnos are all
there. I hope that makes sense.

Is there an example somewhere? I'm using "jazz-combo.ly" as a basis for my
piece.