Extracting only lyrics and chords

From: Brett Duncan
Subject: Extracting only lyrics and chords
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:03:22 +1000

I have a lily file that contains a vocal line (melody), lyrics, chords and piano part. My output from this file is the piano part with centred lyrics, and a separate lead sheet showing chords, melody and lyrics. All of this is OK.

But I now have a guitarist who wants only the chords (with barlines) and lyrics *without* the melody. And I can't for the life of me see a simple way to get this from what I already have. Since the lyrics are being associated with the melody, the melody gets printed.

I could add the durations to the lyrics, but I'd like to know if I can get what I want without resorting to this.

Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

TIA,

Brett