Re: OFF: Help from native English speakers (epsecially if speaking Germa

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: OFF: Help from native English speakers (epsecially if speaking German)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:46:48 -0500

"Choralsatz" can come across just fine like that: "chorale setting" or "hymn setting".

As for the other two, what are the sources of the text? Are they preexisting texts? Or original texts in German (or Hungarian)? If the texts are preexisting, best would be to find a traditional English edition of the texts and use that. If the texts are original, on the other hand, then you have plenty of choices for either phrase, depending on the style you want.