RE: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 80

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: RE: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 80
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:50:21 -0400

Graham wrote:

OK, silly question, but I simply cannot make up my mind.  If we
have a single entry in a list in the @seealso section, should it
end with a period or not?  For example, in this:

---
See also

Music Glossary: chord.

Snippets: Simultaneous
---

+++++++++++

I like consistency, and periods some places and not others is slightly
jarring to me. I checked a number of sources regarding bulleted lists
(yes, I realize these don't actually have bullets, but the entries under
"See also" are similar to bulleted lists), and there was some variation
in the treatment of punctuation at the end of individual items. Given
that we frequently have multiple items under each entry (e.g., "Music
Glossary: notes, note names, chords, foo, bar.") I am in favor of always
ending an entry under "See also" with a period.

Peace,

Ralph

Ralph Palmer, CEM
Energy/Administrative Coordinator