Re: Help getting started with Danny Boy

From: plasmacarwash
Subject: Re: Help getting started with Danny Boy
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 21:13:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Folks,

I read through much of the discourse here and appreciate it all.
Directly after posting the 1st time, I started in on the "new manual".
I experienced the typical sensation of being away from Lilypond for over 10
mos.
If ya don't use it, ya lose it.
In addition, I read somewhere that there are 4 basic books to the "manual".
The "learning manual" is different than 10 mos. ago, true?
Nonetheless, I had a split motive:
1) I did kinda want a magic wand to blast this job out and be done with it.
2) I kinda dream of having a writing proficiency with Lilypond. A veritable
songwriting partner. Sitting where I am now with it, I seemed to be dwarfed
in my infancy.

I'm not even answering all the feedback from all because it's late in the
day and I just got the email.

Thinking about Lilypond though gives me a strange glee throughout my days.
If I can add it to the way I write, that would be awesome.
I have three essential ways in which song comes to me now.
Hopefully Lilypond could take the lead.

Does anyone know of anyone similiar here?

I would like to pick-up composition while here at the forums also.
So delusions of grandeur do inhabit my requests here at Lilypond Nabble as
well. :-)

Thank-you all for the technical and the passion -the Rubenstein and the
Horowitz. :-)

-Jay Peek