Re: emacs mode test file

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Re: emacs mode test file
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 14:45:26 +0200

James,

AFAIK there is no such file. Maybe there should be one for regression- testing purposes? Perhaps the best way to go is to start with your own files and fix all the colouring options.

However, I don't know how familiar you are with the emacs variety of lisp, elisp, but as you know lilypond ships with a complete emacs mode. You could try to read that in order to re-create it for nano. Basically the file lilypond-font-lock.el defines the different levels of colouring. Looking at it, the colouring is split into several regexp's that evaluate to a face. And a face is basically a colour and some other markup on a font. So you could create an index per font-lock-*-face and check what it does. This could give you a head start on what types of syntax get which colours.

Oh, and it uses a generated file for the keywords called lilypond- words.el. Perhaps you could build on that?

HTH,
Arjan