Re: Lyric braces?

From: Tim Litwiller
Subject: Re: Lyric braces?
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:35:11 -0500

It looks like the attachment didn't come thru - so my example doesn't make a lot of sense. If you want to see the example let me know and I'll put it on a web server after work tonite.

Timothy C Litwiller wrote:
Timothy C Litwiller wrote:
This isn't perfect but may be a place for you to start

here is the code
%right and left brace setup
leftbrace = \markup { \override #'(font-encoding . fetaBraces) \bold \lookup #"brace105" }
rightbrace = \markup { \rotate #180 \leftbrace }

%lyrics setup
stanzaOneLineOne = {
\set stanza = \markup { "1. " \leftbrace } \lyricmode { Child, you're mine ...

stanzaOneLineTwo =  {
  \lyricmode { Child, I have ...

%calling lyrics in the score
     \new Lyrics \lyricsto "One" \stanzaOneLineOne
     \new Lyrics \lyricsto "One" \stanzaOneLineTwo

Dominic Neumann wrote:
Hi,

how do I create braces within lyrics to clarify that two lines of text
belong to the same verse (see textbrace1.jpg) or when thereĀ“s a part
of lyrics which belongs to all verses (see textbrace2.jpg)?

Dominic