Re: launch scripts (was: *.mid vs *.midi)

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: launch scripts (was: *.mid vs *.midi)
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 14:56:33 +0200

Am 2008-05-18 um 13:57 schrieb Hans Aberg:
This is my lily.sh script for OSX:

- deletes previous myname.pdf
- runs lilypond myname.ly
- deletes old mylily.mid and renames myname.midi to myname.mid
- deletes myname.ps
- opens MIDI and PDF

You don't have to remove older files, as they are overwritten. (In OS X before 10.5, Preview and QuickTime are not dynamic, so that they do not see the changes.)

I used the existence of a PDF as indicator if LilyPond was successful - it says "file failed" very often even if the output is ok.

Of course I must close MIDI and PDF before re-compiling. I could perhaps automate that with AppleScript (i.e. Python appscript), but I only tried a quick hack for convenience, not a complete lilypond shell... ;-)

Unfortunately MIDI is opened in QuickTime Player - I'd prefer to just play it, like in Finder, but I couldn't find a way.

Also, you might put in an error if Lilypond fails
  lilypond $1.ly || {error message; exit 1}
or something.

Thanks for the hint, I should look up how I can check the result in an "if" statement...

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm