Re: how do I control the size of the musical fonts?

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: how do I control the size of the musical fonts?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 00:32:48 +0200

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Global-sizes#Global-sizes
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Fitting-music-onto-fewer-pages#Fitting-music-onto-fewer-pages

> Or in piano + solo instrument, it's customary to print the solo
> slightly smaller in the score. How do I do that?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Length-and-thickness-of-objects

I'd use something like:

SoloPartSize = #-1

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff \with {
      % smaller notation font
      fontSize = #SoloPartSize
      % make the distance between staff lines smaller as well
      \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep SoloPartSize)
    } \soloMusic
    \new PianoStaff <<
      \new Staff \rightHandMusic
      \new Staff \leftHandMusic