Re: F7 chord appearing as E#7 when I transpose

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: F7 chord appearing as E#7 when I transpose
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:47:00 -0700

Valentin Villenave wrote:
> 2008/6/13 Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:
>
>> Since the same request has appeared for ordinary notes, some clever Scheme
>> hackers have
>> made a function that automatically gets rid of the extra accidentals by
>> enharmonically rewriting the
>> music.
>>

> Dumb question: are we sure we still do need the ordinary \transpose?
>
> If not, may be we could make it "smarter" by implementing the snippet
> as a default code... (possibly keeping the current function as an
> \old-transpose command for backwards compatibility?)
>
>  Or is it likely to break many many many things?

Of course we want transposition to be theoretically correct as the default.

When I run into a transposition such as the OP has given I look for
other transpositions which might give me what I want or I break the
piece into parts and transpose the parts differently.

This is not to discourage the solution presented by Mats as an option.

Paul Scott