Lyric hyphen / glissando

From: Peter Johnson
Subject: Lyric hyphen / glissando
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:54:34 -0700 (PDT)

I'm looking for a way to create a customizable line from one lyric syllable
to the next to indicate a modulation of the sound between the two syllables.
This is really a lyric glissando, but \glissando cannot be applied to
lyrics.  (Could \glissando be adapted?)

Using the lyric extender works, but produces only a baseline-aligned line
and clumsy code.  (I posted about this last month.)

Using the lyric hyphen by making the hyphen thick and very long produces a
nicer solution, except when there's a line break: it continues on the new
line OK, but should stop at the end of the old line (as does the lyric
extender).  Is this a bug in the lyric hyphen?

Sadly coding isn't my thing, but I'm willing to help test and document any
solution.

Thanks.

Peter

%%% EXAMPLE OF LYRIC HYPHEN AND LINE BREAK
\version "2.11.49"
\paper {
        ragged-right = ##t
        indent = 0.0\cm