Re: Markup in absolute font size?

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Markup in absolute font size?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 11:21:33 +0200

Le 28 juin 08 à 20:52, Patrick Horgan a écrit :

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
oops, baseline-skip and word-space should also be fixed absolutely, and
not based on the ones from props.
Do you mean like:
#(define-markup-command (abs-fontsize layout props size arg)
(number? markup?)
(let* ((ref-size (ly:output-def-lookup layout 'text-font-size 12))
       (magnification (/ size ref-size))
       (font-size (magnification->font-size magnification)))
(interpret-markup layout (cons `((baseline-skip . ,(magnification- >font-size magnification))
    (word-space (magnification->font-size magnification))
    (font-size . ,font-size)) props) arg)))

Actually I was thinking about computing the new word-space and
baseline-skip based on the one defined on the paper block (ie the
"default" one) multiplied by the magnification. Then, when using
\abs-fontsize is like making a new start, getting rid off previous
font-size, word-space, and baseline-skip. To solve the problem that
was posed (making eg. a title page that looks the same whatever the
chosen staff-size), it may be the simplest and most reliable thing.
I've added that command to git for people interested to play.

nicolas