Re: defining custom note heads

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: defining custom note heads
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 21:06:22 +0100

Hi Eric,

2008/7/7 Eric Knapp <address@hidden>:
> I have one more piece of the puzzle to solve. How do you translate
> this markup command into scheme?
>
>  \draw-line #'(4 . 4)

#:draw-line '(4 . 4) or #:draw-line (cons 4 4)

> Some of the markup commands call for pairs of numbers. I can't find
> any docs for how the pairs are coded in scheme.

'(4 . 4) is a Scheme pair; the hash sign tells LilyPond's parser that
there's some Scheme code coming up.

There's a short tutorial here,
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Scheme-tutorial#Scheme-tutorial,
which explains how Scheme data types are used in LilyPond.

BTW, it's an unnecessary complication to use Scheme markup syntax for
simple 'text overrides; you'll find it much easier if you stick to
LilyPond's standard \markup usage.

For example:

headXinD = {
  \once \override NoteHead  #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
  \once \override NoteHead #'text = \markup {
    \combine
      \halign #-0.7 \draw-circle #0.85 #0.2 ##f
      \musicglyph #"noteheads.s2cross"

Regards,
Neil