Arbitrary changes?

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Arbitrary changes?
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:00:49 +0200

Am 09.07.2008 um 09:00 schrieb hhpmusic:

Hi,
I downloaded 2.11.51, and there are two problems:
1) some syntaxes are changed such as \sustainOn and \sustainOff. I have no time to re-read the manuals, but the news page has no indication of it at the top. So \setTextCresc and \setHairpinCresc are also obsolete. Could someone provide a list of the syntax changes?

I was really upset by all of the changes to predefined commands, but then I thought about it and realised, okay, convert-ly works the files I have, and maybe one day there will be a changelog with the changes to the predefined commands, until then, I can use the search function in my browser to find out how to write something, but ultimately, I don't really have a say in the matter. I'm not developing the software, and it's still amazingly better than any of the other options. So, we can move on, or not upgrade.