Re: nopc -- Proposed Predefines

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: nopc -- Proposed Predefines
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:18:34 +0100

Bertalan Fodor wrote

Yes, it has a quite impressive list of highlighters, also syntax checking for php and html via plugins (http://jedit.org/index.php?page=features). I must note however, that jedit's highlighter configuration is regular-expression based, so it doesn't have such power that vim or emacs, where you can write code to highlight. (Actually you could write a plugin that colors according to more complex rules, as I do in LilyPondTool to make different background color for Scheme parts.)

Sounds good, but it looks like several hours
work to gain familiarity with it, which I can't
spare just at the moment.  Actually, the feature
I miss most is folding, which it has, especially
if it can fold texinfo subsections etc (?), so when
I get a spare afternoon I'll give it another whizz
(I tried it 15 months or so ago and failed to
make it work properly.)
Bert

Trevor