Re: Cannot move an accent articulation

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Cannot move an accent articulation
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:43:47 -0700

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Marco Caliari <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have some problems with the snippet below.
> First of all, there is a collision in the first bar between the tie and the
> articulation (but I can easily solve it).
> In the second bar, the tie starts at the end of the previous notehead and
> finishes at the beginning of the following notehead, whereas elsewhere it
> starts and finishes about in the middle of the noteheads.
> In the fourth bar, the augmentation dot for the d is a little bit lower than
> it
> should be (in my opinion).
> Finally (and here I need your help), I would like to move the accent
> articulation in the second last bar close to the c notehead (as in the fourth
> last bar), but \override Script #'Y-offset does not seem to work.

Hi Marco,

The first three problems look like bugs to me.  I don't know if they
have been reported yet or not.  Valentin, do you know?

The last issue can be solved by modifying the 'avoid-slur property.  I
found this on the script-interface page (from the Script grob page).
Here is the modified code:

\version "2.11.52"
{\time 6/8 \relative c'' {
% tie and articulation collision
f4.-> ~ f4.
% strange position for the tie
e4.-> ~ e4.
d4.-> ~ d4.
<<{c'4. ~ c4.}\\
{
% strange position for the augmentation dot
d,4. ~ d4.}>>
g,,4.
c4.-> ~
c2.
g4.(
% tweak to move the accent close to note head
\override Script #'avoid-slur = #'inside
c4.-> ~
c2.)
}}

HTH,