Re: Double \time change

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Double \time change
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:15:36 +0100

2008/7/28 sdfgsdhdshd <address@hidden>:

> On a paper score likely made with Finale (not by me), i see 3/4 then
> immediately 2/4 without anything between, whatever the staff.
>
> 1) Error or feature? Never seen that before.

Probably not an error; I can think of at least two situations where
this might happen:

- showing the beat subdivision in a compound time signature such as 5/4;
- where there's a regular or semi-regular variation in time signature
throughout a piece, i.e., perhaps alternating between 2/4 and 3/4 in
successive bars.

> 2) If feature: how to do it with lilypond?

Have a look at the snippet `Compound time signatures' in the Rhythms
section of the Snippets List
(http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/Rhythms.html#Rhythms).

Regards,
Neil