Re: doc work

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: doc work
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:46:48 -0400

Hi all,

I would have to go home and look into my
music engraving handbook to verify your claims.

"Beaming of notes associated with a lyric now follows standard notational practice. (Traditional practice, now obsolete, was to use flags for eighth notes, sixteenth notes, etc. Beams were used only for melismas.)" — The Essential Dictionary of Music Notation (Gerou & Lusk), pg. 186

I hope you compare the templates with what the LM and NR
(at least the sections that have been updated) have to say.

Will do!
Kieren.