Re: No menu UPDATE script run error

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: No menu UPDATE script run error
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:41:09 -0700

address@hidden wrote:
> Hello, Paul,

I'm copying this back to the LilyPond User list where someone else might
help also.  The convention on this list is to Reply All since not
everyone is subscribed to the list.

I normally run LilyPond from XDarwin and the command line.  I also am
using Tiger (10.4.x) and don't completely recognize your error
messages.  I am also very familiar with the Unix command line which is
what terminal.App is about.
> I've gotten my previous problem straightened out by merely reading the
> instructions for the Leopard download.  I copied a music script and named it
> "myfirstlpscript".  I entered the name in the "LilyPond" script and compiled
> it in Script Editor and ran it.  Here is the error message I got in the
> terminal window and following that are the two scripts.  I don't understand'
> the error message or know what to do about it.

What editor did you use to create the music "script?"  Can you send us
your script?  It looks like you edited the sample script which has
commands in it that you might not understand without reading much more
of the documentation.  Try a simple script like the following first:

\version "2.10.33"
{
    \relative c'' { c4 d e f }
}