Changing alignment of lyrics at the beginning of a new system

From: Eduardo Vieira da Silva
Subject: Changing alignment of lyrics at the beginning of a new system
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:47:54 -0600

Hello, list! I has been a long time since I posted to this list and since I
actually coded with Lilypond. But I read the mailing list almost every day :)
I like to typeset songs using this typesetting style for lyrics: syllables are
left aligned when they are the beginning of a new verse of a poem, and when the
syllable at the beginning of a new system.
I can use this shortcut: lyrL = { \once \override LyricText #'self-alignment-X
= #-1 } before the syllable which begins the new verse. But it is unpredictable
which syllable will begin a new system. So, I was wondering if Scheme could be
used to make the first syllable of a new system to be left aligned
automatically.
I hope I can make sense.
Anyone takes the challenge? Sorry but I have no Scheme knowledge. I'm trying to
get a grasp of Python first...

Eduardo Vieira

If you like crossword puzzles, then you'll love Flexicon, a game which combines
four overlapping crossword puzzles into one!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/208