Re: custom titles example doesn't work

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: custom titles example doesn't work
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:39:18 +0300

2008/8/26 Tom Cloyd:
> You're asking ME? Like I'd know? Thanks so much for the code. I'll have to
> study up on it a bit, as it's not exactly something I can readily understand
> at this point. It'll be good for me to dig into this, no doubt.

I'm sorry for messing you up. You don't need to add the "#(define
(not-first-page" stuff. I didn't notice that the not-first-page
function is already present in titling-init.ly inside LP installation.

I wonder if you already had a look at the titling-init.ly. There are
some examples how the standard LP headers are constructed and the
usage of first-page, not-first-page and other functions are shown
there. That helped me a lot when I tried to understand the header
stuff.

> So, next I try it with "even..." It prints title and composer on page 2,
> but wipes out the page number. That's not exactly what I had in mind.
> Man, I gotta figure this out before I score my next symphony (heh heh).

The new example has page numbers, too. :-)

-Risto

Updated source:
%%% start %%%
\version "2.11.56"

\header
{
    title = "Foo Bar opus 1"
    composer = "John The Composer"
}

\paper
{

    oddHeaderMarkup = \markup {
        \fill-line {
            \on-the-fly #not-first-page {
                \concat {
                    "page " \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
                    \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string " – "
                    \fromproperty #'header:title
                }
                \fromproperty #'header:composer
    evenHeaderMarkup = \markup {
        \fill-line {
            \fromproperty #'header:title
            \concat {
                \fromproperty #'header:composer " – page "
                \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
                \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string

    ragged-bottom = ##t
    ragged-last-bottom = ##t
}

{
    c'1 \pageBreak c' \pageBreak c' \pageBreak c'
}