Re: LSR status

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LSR status
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:02:58 +0100

On 8/27/08, Eluze Weehaeli <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 27.08.2008, 10:41 Uhr, schrieb Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>
>> I wouldn't say that it would be a disaster; I still don't think that
>> it's been used enough to say that the loss would be *that* bad.
>>

> How can U use it if it is not available 99% of the time...(at least the
> last 2 weeks)?!

It's been online for almost two years.  Plenty of time for people to
start using it if they were going to.

Hopefully when 2.12 is out, it'll get more interest due to all the
snippets in the docs.

> Personnally I am using the lilypond-snippets-big-page or the index - well
> knowing it contains only excerpts of the list and the newest snippets have
> probably not even been entered.

That's what I recommend, anyway -- that way you get (relatively) good,
sensible snippets.  If you look at LSR itself, you take the risk of
having bad info (like all wiki-like systems).  IMO, LSR should only be
used when you want to add a new snippet.

Cheers,
- Graham