Re: collision problem

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: collision problem
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:36:11 +0100

On 8/28/08, James E. Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks, it worked perfectly. You know, I looked at that in the
> documentation, but it never occurred to me that it was the same problem.
>
> Speaking of which, how difficult would it be to collect a "known
> issues" list? Something akin to the LSR, but for known issues for
> which there are solutions. It would help tons when troubleshooting why
> a particular output isn't what's expected.

Assuming no technical problems -- ie using a wiki that's already
configured and is always online -- and assuming that it's an
experienced lilypond user doing it (ie doesn't need to ask questions
to anybody else about these bugs)...

50 hours for the initial setup.
2 hours of update + maintenance per week

If the person isn't an expert user, it'd take longer (they need to ask
questions and wait for the result), as well as consuming more
developer time.

It really isn't worth it.  If I had 50 hours of experienced user time
at my disposal, I'd finish NR 1 and rewrite NR 4.  If that experienced
user wasn't willing to do docs, I'd bloody well just have them learn
scheme and start fixing bugs themselves.

Cheers,
- Graham