Re: different tempi

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: different tempi
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 18:36:33 +0200 (CEST)

> I would imagine you'd need to use \set
> StaffGroup.systemStartDelimiterHierarchy and move the time
> signatures/bar lines from the score context to the staff context.

Been there.  It doesn't work, alas.

I would need something like this:

    StaffGroup  /
      Staff     |      |      |
      Staff     |      |      |
      Staff     |   |    |     |
      Staff     |      |      |
                \

I can imagine two solutions:

  (a) If you move the bar line engraver to Staff context, StaffGroup
      honours a new Staff property, say, `suppressBarline', to do the
      obvious.

  (b) Provide, as a property of StaffGroup, a staff list which gets
      bar lines (enumerated, say, from bottom to top).  For the
      example above, it would be (1 3 4).

Currently, I believe that my problem can't be solved with the current
means of lilypond, and some extra coding is necessary.

   Werner