Re: increasing min. distance between staves in a PianoStaff

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: increasing min. distance between staves in a PianoStaff
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:52:17 -0400

Hi Tao,

Which do you want: a minimal distance, or a fixed distance?
Both are possible, but it requires two different mechanisms.

Sorry… rereading your post, I see that your question was pretty clear (and I am, apparently, pretty dense this morning). The following should give you a hint on how to keep a minimum distance in a PianoStaff — I don't think there's a "simpler" method (this one's pretty easy, IMO).

HTH!
Kieren.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.11.57"

musicRH = \relative
{
        c' d e f g f e d c1 \break
}
musicLH = \relative
{
        \clef bass
        c4 b a g f g a b c1 \break
}

\score
{
        \new PianoStaff
        <<
                \new Staff = "Staff_pfUpper" \musicRH
                \new Staff = "Staff_pfLower" \musicLH

}

\score
{
        \new PianoStaff
        <<
                \new Staff = "Staff_pfUpper"
                        \with { \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent
                        \musicRH
                \new Staff = "Staff_pfLower"
                        \with { \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent
                        \musicLH