Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:25:36 +0200

Hi Reinhold, hi everybody,

I find the new documentation layout very impressive, but there's one
feature I'm still missing: the integrated search function!

In the attached html page I have pasted (in a very basic way) a search
box at the top of the tocframe; this is more or less the kind of
layout I'd like to see. However, there are a few improvements I can
suggest, though I don't know how to implement these:

- the search box size and the search-button should be handled by the CSS
- the text on the search button should be defined by a localized string
- the search box should provide auto-completion possible results (like
on Wikipedia)
- the search function should show the results in the main "frame" on
the right, without making the tocframe disappear.

This would definitely make browsing, searching and using the docs a
*lot* easier!

Cheers,
Valentin

GNU LilyPond — The music typesetter

This document is also available as a PDF and as one big page.

This file documents GNU LilyPond.

Copyright 1999–2007 by the authors

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled “GNU Free Documentation License”.

This is the Notation Reference (NR) for GNU LilyPond version 2.11.60. For more information about how this fits with the other documentation, see About the documentation.

More information can be found at http://www.lilypond.org/. The website contains on-line copies of this and other documentation.

We want to dedicate this program to all the friends that we met through music.

Han-Wen and Jan

Other languages: français, español, deutsch.

Table of Contents