Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:53:41 -0700

Alexander Kobel wrote:
Guys, I've been busy the last few weeks and just loosely followed the
ongoing discussions about the doc design, but I just recognized you did
a great job there! And I like the unobtrusive link coloring...

However, one suggestion: Have you talked about the size of the
navigation sidebar? On my 13" MacBook (1280x800), there is /plenty/ of
space wasted (default font settings in Firefox 3, haven't changed
anything). Not sure about other browsers/OSs, and I have no clue if
there are screens below 1024 horizontal resolution still in use in a
noticeable number, but I guess I'd prefer a little narrower setting in
favour of the main text. Just my two pence...
I've thought the same.

Patrick