Re: updated margins-a4-letter.ly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: updated margins-a4-letter.ly
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 03:45:37 -0700

On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 11:01:53 -0700
Patrick Horgan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:
> > Here's a slightly updated version of my "produce the same score on
> > A4 and letter paper".  Should be easier to understand.
> >
> Thanks:)  It crossed the line from extremely cool to elegant.
> Beautiful.

Thanks!  I think I'll call this collection "From cool to elegant",
or "LilyPond Elegance".  ;)

Two more updates to margins-a4-letter.ly:
- if you specify #(set-default-paper-size "letter"), it doesn't
  work.  You need to do it with #(ly:set-option...)
instructions are in the file.

- usletter isn't actually 216x279mm; lilypond defines the size in
  inches, so it's 215.9x279.4mm.  And yes, I actually did
  encounter the difference this makes in the first real score I
  was testing.  In the horizontal difference, no less -- the extra
  0.1mm changed the number of bars on the first line of the score!

Fixes for both issues are included in this version.

Cheers,
- Graham