Re: rolled chords

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: rolled chords
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:20:25 -0400

\relative c' {
<c e g c e>1 \arpeggio
}

To apply an unbroken arpeggio line to all voices and staves for piano, use "\set PianoStaff.connectArpeggios = ##t" inside your new \PianoStaff and use \arpeggio on the same beat within each voice context you want it to apply to. I don't know if the same command works for multiple voices in guitar staves or if it's something similar.

Best,

David

Danny Sosa wrote:
First of all... thanks to James for his help with mBreak, the magic words were "outside of any music block". I was trying to define mbreak inside the {}.

Does anyone know how to write rolled chords in Lilypond? it's just like a little squiggly line left of any chord
this is how I would like to make a chord I'm writing look:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/dannysosa/roll.png

These are very common in Spanish piano and guitar music.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated : ]