Re: Lyrics of a Voice above the Staff of the Voice

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyrics of a Voice above the Staff of the Voice
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:01:59 +0200

Trevor Daniels wrote:
The contexts are normally printed in the order in which they are defined, so simply moving the \new Lyrics command for the sopranos so it comes before the \new Staff command for the joint soprano/alto staff should do it. See the SATB vocal score template in the Notation Reference section A.4.1.
Trevor, your answer doesn't mention the fact that you cannot use \lyricsto before the corresponding Voice has been defined. However, your're right that the SATB templates show different solutions to work around this problem. I searched the rest of the manual and the only place I can find this issue mentioned is in 2.1.1 Entering Lyrics, subsection "Lyrics and variables", which describes one solution, but not the one using alignAboveContext, which has been mentioned by the other answers in this thread. I know that the Vocal music chapter is being revised right now, so perhaps it will appear soon.

   /Mats

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Waniek" <address@hidden>