Re: Problem with grace note on first beat of first bar

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: Problem with grace note on first beat of first bar
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 08:03:45 +0000

Peter Wright wrote:
Hi David,

On 02/11 07:45:18, David Bobroff wrote:
I only glanced at your PDF output but I suspect you've hit a known
issue  and there is a workaround.  See:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Special-rhythmic-concerns#Grace-notes

Scroll down to "Known issues and warnings."

No, I don't think that's it - I did read all of that section quite
carefully and tried the synchronising tricks. None made a difference.

(I'm using version 2.10.33, by the way.)

Note my last example specifically, where there are no other staves to
synchronise - and it still goes wrong:

http://flooble.net/~pete/lilypond/leading-grace-note-still-bad-doh.ly
http://flooble.net/~pete/lilypond/leading-grace-note-still-bad-doh.pdf

Okay, I tried this specific example and, yes, I got the extra clef fouling up the grace note. I tried simply commenting out '\clef treble' and it worked fine. The default clef is treble, of course (you may well be aware of that). I also tried setting the clef in your 'global' block rather than in the score block and it also worked fine. I'm still inclined to think that it's part of the known issue.

-David

There are examples there concerning repeat bars and grace notes.

I think that clef changes likely lead to this problem as well.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the quick response - but no, it doesn't help. :-)

David

Pete.