installation on ToutouLinux 03.01.4

From: Charlie Ledocq
Subject: installation on ToutouLinux 03.01.4
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:41:42 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

installation of lilypond lilypond-2.10.33-1.linux-x86.sh
on ToutouLinux 03.01.4

doing in a terminal
sh lilypond-2.10.33-1.linux-x86.sh
returns the following:
# sh lilypond-2.10.33-1.linux-x86.sh

LilyPond installer for version 2.10.33 release 1.
Use --help for help

You're about to install lilypond in /usr/local/lilypond/
A script in /usr/local/bin/ will be created as a shortcut.

Press ^C to abort, or Enter to proceed

Making /usr/local/lilypond/
Creating script /usr/local/bin/lilypond
Creating script /usr/local/bin/lilypond-wrapper.python
Creating script /usr/local/bin/lilypond-wrapper.guile
Creating script /usr/local/bin/uninstall-lilypond
Untarring lilypond-2.10.33-1.linux-x86.sh
tail: short write

bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
        perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows.
bzip2: Invalid argument
        Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

tar: Child returned status 2
To uninstall lilypond, run

    /usr/local//bin/uninstall-lilypond

For license and warranty information, consult

    /usr/local/lilypond/license/README

#
I uninstalled as told hereabove;
I downloaded again the package , sh'ed it and got the same result.

How can I verify (should a md5sum.txt be available somewhere?) the integrity of
the downloaded package?

In case the integrity were OK, what is the meaning of the returned message? What
should I have to do?

Best regards

Charlie

ps: I had downloaded lilypond-2.10.33.tar.gz from Slackbuilg.org, verified its
md5sum, and ran the installation and build as  told in the Slackbuild's HowTo.
As there were missing softwares on my Linux version, I erased all extracted
files, restarted the PC and tried to get Lilypond through
sh lilypond-2.10.33-1.linux-x86.sh