Re: Empty fret diagrams

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Empty fret diagrams
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:33:58 -0700

On 11/19/08 12:03 PM, "seppo silaste" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there any way to create empty fret diagrams with a specified number
> of frets? I would like to create empty music sheets for composing (am
> writing a book on jazz-blues rhythm). Sitting by the computer and
> writing it directly to lilypond is too restricting.

This is quite easy.  You just make a fret diagram with a specified number of
frets and a specified number of strings, with all the strings open.  You
then need to set the open-string indicator to " ".

Here's a sample:

%% start of cut and paste code

\version "2.11.64"

\storePredefinedDiagram \chordmode{c''}
                        #guitar-tuning
                        #"o;o;o;o;o;o;"

<<
  \new FretBoards {
    \override FretBoard #'fret-diagram-details #'open-string = #" "
    \override FretBoard #'fret-diagram-details #'fret-count = #6
     \chordmode {
       \repeat unfold 10 { c''1}
  \context Staff {
    \repeat unfold 10 {s1}